Subject: [xtm-wg] RE: XTM-UCS: USE CASE SURVEY #1

www.idealliance.org <http://www.idealliance.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Thompson [mailto:bryan-pop@cog-tech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 7:57 AM
To: ms@ms.lt
Cc: Patrick Durusau; peterj@wrox.com; DDodds@lexica.net; pconn@gca.org
Subject: RE: XTM-UCS: USE CASE SURVEY #1

Andrius,

You are correct in that "anonymous" not "public" are two different
assumptions.  I will amend the survey to indicate that the data will not be
anonymous and to ask for Name and Contact information / Affiliation.

We should take definitely take our communications to the list.  I just
wanted to get the first survey out the door without bringing the list into
the "sausage" making process.  I feel that we will get a better response if
people are not yet been conditioned to skip over our messages :)

On a related note, I am concerned that posting all traffic to the XTM-WG
list will open the process to too much feedback on all intermediate results.
Let's see how it goes.  We may want to suggest that the subgroups have
sub-groups on eGroups and that they all post their outputs to the XTM-WG
list.

I have received indications from Steve Pepper and Ann Wrightson that each is
interested in participating in XTM-UCS.

Also, two other people have indicated that they would like to participate.
I'm not sure that either is an XTM member.  This raises the question about
how open our process is to the XTM community beyond the XTM members.  My
opinion is that anyone can participate in the open discussions on the list,
but that official actions of XTM and its subgroups are limited to
participating XTM members.

Those two people are:

G. Ken Holman	gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Richard Marciano	marciano@SDSC.EDU

I have attached an Excel spreadsheet (for those who can read it) that
contains the list of people who have expressed interest in this XTM-UCS to
date, their email address, their XTM membership status, and their likely
contributions.  Please amend as necessary.

Thanks,

-bryan