Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] XTM-UCS: USE CASES SURVEY #1

The Five Secrets Of A Successful Product Launch
FREE right now at:

----- Original Message -----
From: Bryan Thompson <bryan-pop@cog-tech.com>
To: <xtm-wg@egroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 5:26 AM
Subject: [xtm-wg] XTM-UCS: USE CASES SURVEY #1

> The Use Case Subgroup is conducting a series of BRIEF surveys in
> order to be able to identify and characterize the representative
> uses of XTM.  This email message is the first such survey.  Please
> take a moment to respond to these four questions.  This information
> will help us all to make XTM a better specification, and one that
> is more widely adopted.
>
> When completing this form, please REPLY to the message and
> complete the blanks in place.  This will help us to parse the
>

> (1) Please identify one or more use cases.  Indicate with
>     a (*) any use case which is directly relevant to your
>     anticipated application(s) of XTM.
>
>      a) Topic Maps in constructivist learning
>      b) Topic Maps for navigating B2B web sites
>      c) ___________________________________
>
> (2) Please indicate one or more markets to which these use
>     cases apply. (This is to separate the technology from
>     the application.)
>
>      a) education
>      b) ecommerce
>      c) ___________________________________
>
> (3) Please indicate if you are willing to contribute a detailed
>     use case for the XTM specification.  (We need identify use
>     cases for which there exists significant support within the
>     XTM community.)
>
>     (Yes/No): _yes____
>
>     Use case: __this is ambiguous, what do you want here?
>
> (4) Please indicate if you would like to join the Use Cases
>     subgroup.  If yes, please indicate your membership status
>     in XTM (e.g., founding, participating, advisory, sponsor,
>     host-organization, none).  Non-members are welcome to
>     participate in the XTM-UCS discussions on the list, but
>     do not have any official standing.
>
>     (Yes/No): __no____________________
>
>     Membership status:_already on another group_____________
>

> (5) Please provide contact information (so we can tell who is
>     interested in what).
>

>     Name:    __Jack Park__________________________________
>
>     Company: __VerticalNet__________________________________
>
>     EMail:   _jackpark@verticalnet.com___________________________________
>

> All information given in response to this survey will be
> in the public domain.  The information will be summarized
> by the use case group and posted back to the XTM list.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bryan Thompson
> bryan@cog-tech.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.