Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] call for HELP with MARKETING XTM

<snip />

> Now, on a related matter:
>
> In her role as Chair of XML 2000, where XTM will be
> announcing its 1.0 release at the beginning of December,
> Dianne Kennedy has arranged for a whole day of XTM-related
> stuff to occur.  Whether or not you're involved in the
> Marketing aspect, your help will be needed to make this day
> a success.  I think we'll need a panel of experts to answer
> questions about XTM.  We'll need people to chair the event,
> and these same people will have to organize and cajole
> others (including YOU) into making credible, interesting,
> and compelling presentations.  If this isn't Marketing's
<snip />

If you need help filling out the "panel of experts" I would be happy to
participate. I have to be at XML 2000 anyway as I am speaking on Wednesday,
but I was planning to come on Monday for the Special Interest day on Topic
Maps.

I have no bias for or against Topic Maps and have done extensive research
into their use on behalf of my clients. For an example of the results of
that research, see ftp://www.swdi.com/Understanding%20Topic%20Maps.zip, for
which the encryption password is 'parcheesi'. This is freely available to
the group members but not for redistribution without permission, please.

My company currently has no TM-related products in the pipeline, nor do we
explicitly market services with respect to the TM world, so we can
definitely play the role of "independent expert." Frankly, since we are
backstage right now, I can admit that the principals of the TM-dedicated
companies can speak most knowledgeably about TM and have a good
understanding (I'm sure) of their capabilities, limitations, and best
applications; nonetheless if you want me there I'll be happy to show up.
Since I won't be getting into the venue until 10:00am Monday it would have
to be late morning or thereafter.

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.  For more info visit: