Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Topic Maps are gonna need steroids

Yep - which is why I've been tending to emphasize the necessity for
automated TM construction over existing infodomains - and also why it WILL
be necessary to use means other than the fixed-tag-vocabulary DTD approach
decided on by ISS for 1.0 at the week-end, in some applications. What kind
of "conformance" these are accorded is for continuing debate I guess - I
would expect that sooner or later, if TM takes off as we hope, that quite
apart from current debates on syntax, some form of "model-conformance" will
be defined in addition to the syntactic stuff.

Cheers

Ann W.