Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: Topic Maps Marketing Committee and Interest Day

Hello,
     Please sign me up for the Marketing Committee!  My name is Andrius
Kulikauskas of the Minciu Sodas laboratory.  I am representing myself.
     I would like to participate in the conference call.  I will be at
+1 (773) 586-6280 in Chicago, Illinois.
     I can't make a commitment to participate at the December
conference.
     However, I would like to work on the collection of use cases.  Our
laboratory is developing a related standard, MindSet, for modeling our
thinking, especially how we structure our thoughts.  A draft is
available at http://www.ms.lt/mindset.html   I expect that one of the
implementations for our standard will be as a Topic Maps Template.
     Moreover, we are organizing the promotion of MindSet around use
cases.  Many of these use cases can relate to XML for Topic Maps, (or
RDF, or groves, ...) and it would make sense to collect use cases
together.  I will be active in looking for sponsorship for such use case
collections, and those same sponsors might be interested in XTM.
     Also, MindSet is very simple (like a table in a spreadsheet) and so
it can be a helpful tool for explaining why XTM (or RDF, groves,...) is
the way it is.  What are the concepts, and how are they structured?
     These are directions that I want to work in.  So I would like to
coordinate my efforts with the overall thrust of the Marketing
Committee.
     Yours,

Andrius Kulikauskas
Director
Minciu Sodas
ms@ms.lt
http://www.ms.lt
in Chicago at +1 (773) 586-6280 or +1 (773) 651-3785

Jason Markos wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been out of the office over the last fews days and so I may have
> missed some of the goings on.
>
> It seems that we need to set up a conference call as soon as possible in
> order to put some actions in place.  I would suggest that we make the call
> on Thursday afternoon, 17:00 UK time in order to allow both sides of the
> atlantic to participate. Not everyone wil be able to make this call, but I
> feel that we need to get moving and we can post minutes that were not able
> to participate.
>
> Suggested agenda for the call:
> TM Interest day
> External Communications
> Release of XTM Standard
> Sponsorship routes
> Individual responsibilities
>
> Perhaps Paul could host this (is there a cost for this?)
>
> What do you all think?
>
> Jason
>
> empolis
> jsm@empolis.co.uk