Subject: [xtm-wg] participation in Dallas meeting

To the Participating members of the XTM AG:

As you know, next weekend's Dallas meeting is our final face-to-face
meeting before we deliver the XTM 1.0 Spec.

It's vital that we respect our Charter and our established processes
for participation in the Dallas meeting.  At the same time, we need
all of our significant contributors on hand at the Dallas meeting.
Not all of our significant contributors have yet been recognized as
Invited Guests, i.e., they still need invitations, and invitations can
only be granted via a formal motion and vote of the AG.  This
situation exists because the subgroups have exercised their authority
to include participants in their work who are not Participating
Members, and at least some of those guests have contributed
significantly.

Therefore, it is VERY IMPORTANT that, prior to coming to Dallas for
this meeting,

* every would-be participant in that meeting examines his credentials,
  and

* every would-be participant, whose contributions to the development
  of the XTM 1.0 Spec make it desirable that he or she attend the
  Dallas meeting, can become an Invited Guest, insofar as due process
  allows.

We urge Participating Members who wish that any existing contributor
to the XTM 1.0 Spec, who is not a Participating Member or Invited
Guest, would become an Invited Guest in order to participate in the
Dallas meeting on November 10-12, to propose that such existing
contributors be granted the status of Invited Guests for this meeting,
to be the recipients of the votes on such proposals, and to publish
the results of the voting.  In each case, a simple majority of the
Participating Members who vote will decide the issue.  Please don't
publish the votes or the tally -- these are not popularity contests;
just publish the decision.

It's simple to do this.  Send a reply to this message to
xtm-wg@egroups.com, giving the name of the person you wish to be
regarded as an Invited Guest, and asking that Participating Members
return votes to you for counting and reporting.

Yes, this is slightly irregular, because the AG has decided not to
consider requests for invitations until January.  However, it seems
reasonable to provide a way for those who have contributed their labor
and resources in the context of a subgroup to participate in the
deliberations of the AG at the time when the reports of the subgroups
are so central to the accomplishment of the AG's central mission.  And
the AG did authorize such ad-hoc participation in the work of the
subgroups, at the subgroups' own discretion.

Attached is a list of current Participating Members.  Only
Participating Members can vote.  If you missed both of the last two
meetings, which were in Montreal (August) and Swindon (October),
respectively, you are not a Participating Member or Invited Guest,
even if you were once a Founding Participating Member.  You must
re-apply, which you must persuade a current Participating Member to
propose your reinstatement to the AG.

Participating Members (some share votes
because they represent the same organization)

Ahmed, Kal              Founder            2000-10-13
Altheim, Murray         Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Biezunski, Michel       Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Bryan, Martin           Founder            2000-10-13
Delahousse, Jean        Founder            2000-10-13
Dodds, David                    2000-08-23
Durusau, Patrick        Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Freese, Eric            Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Hunting, Sam            Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Jones, Peter            Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Kimber, Eliot           Founder 2000-08-23
Kulikauskas, Andrius    Founder 2000-08-23
LeGrand, Benedicte      Founder 2000-08-23
Martinez, Luis          Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Moore, Graham           Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Newcomb, Steven         Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Ogievetsky, Nikita      Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Park, Jack              Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Pepper, Steve           Founder            2000-10-13
Rivers-Moore, Daniel    Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Thompson, Bryan         Founder 2000-08-23 2000-10-13
Wrightson, Ann          Founder            2000-10-13

Invited Guests:

West, Matthew                              2000-10-13

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
srn@coolheads.com