Subject: [xtm-wg] ANNOUNCE: XTM Repository Update 'n Pre-meeting Preparation

Y'all,

Below are updates to the XTM Repository home page at:

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/home.html

Prior to the Dallas meeting I'd like to suggest that those who wish to
take active part in detailed syntax discussions be aware of not only
our current prototype DTD (xtm07.dtd), but also the XLink Candidate
Recommendation. Under XLink Section 3.1 "Processing Dependencies" are
listed XML, XML Namespaces, XML Base, and IETF RFC 2396. All important
reading. [Not like much isn't these days.]

To assist you in locating these, I've provided links on the new XTM
Bibliography page at

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/biblio.html

Also with the idea of getting some of our notes together for the XTM spec,
I've also HTML'ized Steve's document "Reification of Topic Map Constructs":

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/docs/reification.html

And finally (but certainly not least-ily) I've posted Graham's XTM CMS DTD
and new XTM Conceptual Model at (resp.):

   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/syntax/xtmcms.html
   http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/model/m20001107/model.html

As always, any errors, etc. to me. [I have pretty much recovered from my
foot, hand and head injuries and have discovered these wonderful little
yellow Chinese cold pills that really do wonders for one's sinuses. By
Dallas I hope to not utter one sniffle, except perhaps if people start
killing our progress...]

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey     <mailto:altheim&#64;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

eGroups eLerts