Subject: [xtm-wg] MARKETING: Call for Participation!

In Dallas, we were short on time to discuss marketing.  As a member of
the marketing committee, I take the liberty to share some materials on
the agenda for the Special Interest Day, and on Sponsorship. PLEASE look
over them and let the relevant people know HOW WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE!
And also, please check with them for the latest information!  I attach
what I have as an HTML document.

Yours, Andrius Kulikauskas

P.S.  Dallas was great!
eGroups eLerts
Title: marketingreport
Andrius Kulikauskas:
Here are some materials I have put together from correspondence of the Marketing Committee, xtm-wg@egroups.com  Our acting chair is Jason Markos, jsm@empolis.co.uk , please write to him.

We have put together the agenda for the Special Interest Day so that there are many ways of participating.  How would you like to participate?  Please write to Pam Gennusa, pam@gennusa.u-net.com , and Dianne Kennedy, kennedy@xmlxperts.com

  • Expert panels: Standards, Users
  • Technology demonstrations.
  • Describe market applications.
  • Organize or help lead "Bird of Feather" table.
  • Lead walkthrough of standard.
  • Answer questions from floor regarding standard.

Summary of information from Agenda for XTM Special Interest Day, Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:17:05 -0000, "Dianne Kennedy" <kennedy@xmlxperts.com> to <xtm-mktg@egroups.com>.

I have done a layout for the Special Interest day for the Web site. Here it is:  Note that I need specific speakers.  Any editorial help would be most appreciated.  Dianne

XML Topic Maps Special Interest Day

Monday, December 4, 2000

Track Chairpersons:  Pam Gennusa, Ontopia,  Dianne Kennedy, InfoLoom, Inc.

9:00 am  Welcome and Introductions
9:15 am  TAO of Topic Maps  This presentation provides a brief overview of Topic Maps for new comers in the audience. --Steve Pepper, CTO Ontopia
9:45 am  Technology Demonstrations Brief technology demonstrations will be provided to demonstrate Topic Maps in action

10:30 am  Break

11:00 am   Market Applications for Topic Maps This session will focus on the practical applications for Topic  Maps.  Use case scenarios will be outlined. --Speaker to be Announced
11:45 am  XTM and Existing Standards In this presentation an expert panel explains what the XTM standard is and compare XTM with related information standards.
12:15 pm  Birds of a Feather Topics Members of the XTM Working Group will issue brief invitations to "Birds of Feather" luncheon meetings -- XTM Working Group Members

12:30 pm  Lunch Break and Birds of a Feather Meetings

2:00pm  Afternoon Agenda and Introductions
2:15 pm  Topic Maps User Panel  In this session hear from the "user" members of the XTM Activity.  Why are these companies so interested in the development of the XTM specification? --User Members of the XTM Working Group (to be announced)
2:45 pm  Announcement of the XTM Specification This announcement will be made by the co-chairs of the XTM Working Group.  Copies of the XTM Specification will be distributed -- Michel Biezunski and Steven R. Newcomb, Co-chairs of XTM
3:00 pm  Walkthrough of the XTM Specification In this session, members of the XTM Working Group will provide a brief walk through of the new XTM Specification
3:30 pm  Questions and Answers  -- Members of the XTM Working Group

TopicMaps.org  Sponsorship Program

Gold Medal Sponsor $25,000 Silver Medal Sponsor $10,000 Bronze Medal Sponsor $5,000
Sign or listing at IDEAlliance or GCA booth at industry events Individual sign with logo, prominently displayed. Listing with logo on TopicMaps.org sponsorship sign, prominently displayed. Listing on TopicMaps.org sponsorship sign.
TopicMaps.org web site Custom designed banner ad with logo to be displayed prominently on the home page. Banner will cycle through ads for all Gold Medal sponsors, with click-through links to each sponsor's web site. Listing as a Silver Medal sponsor with logo, prominently displayed on the web site Listing as a Bronze Medal sponsor displayed on the TopicMaps.org web site
Logo for use by sponsor (at their website and other promotional materials) Custom designed Gold Medal Sponsor TopicMaps.org logo  TopicMaps.org Silver Medal sponsor logo TopicMaps.org Bronze Medal sponsor logo
TopicMaps.org promotional materials Prominent display with logo. Mention.
TopicMaps.org public statements Prominent mention. Mention.
XTM specification Prominent mention. Mention. Mention.

For more information, contact:
Paul Conn, VP, E-Business Initiatives
IDEAlliance
pconn@idealliance.org, +1 (703) 519-8173