Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Promotion of Conceptual Model

[srn]
> > It is not enough to provide conformance criteria only for the
> > syntax of XTM instances.  It is equally important to provide
> > conformance criteria for the information carried by XTM instances.
> > If we don't have everything we'd like to have in the Spec about the
> > fundamental nature of XTM information

I'm a just a little unclear how "fundamental nature of XTM information"
equates to "conformance criteria", and as far as the CM being used as a
conformance criterion, "'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished." I
guess it's so obvious I can't see it.

[srn]
> it would be even worse to provide nothing at all.

Oh? Why? You seem to be arguing -- you can't be possibly be arguing
this, please clarify -- that it is OK in principle to put material in
the specification that's not "cooked" -- not not not NOT! that the CM
falls into this category. If this is your belief about how specs should
be written, how can the spec be regarded as normative?!

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://calendar.yahoo.com/