Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: XTM tag line

I like Dave Pawson's suggestions, especially "Weaving the Web".  I like
a key concept is the Web, and another is "meaning".  So I propose:

*) The Meaningful Web

I like this because:
1) It suggests that TopicMaps are not themselves "meaning", but rather
they are "full of meaning", they are constructs for meaning, format for
meaning, reification of meaning.  The "web full of meaning".
2) Meaningful has other connotations that I think we want, such as
useful, purposeful, sensible, practical, pragmatic, significant.
3) It compares favorably to the "semantic web" (which I think is
connected to RDF) in that it is more humble (see 1) and more relevant
(see 2).
4) It is short - does it have any unwanted connotations?
5) It's defensible - does it capture what we're doing?
6) I think it's "in your face" - memorable, even if somebody would argue
with it.

Andrius Kulikauskas
Minciu Sodas
ms@ms.lt