Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: XTM tag line

Greetings from Nashville!

I am writing from the SBL Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN. I have provoked
some interest in topic maps among the more technical attendees. While
simple by commercial topic map uses, the notion of navigating a bible,
commentary, dictionary and atlas with a topic map seems to appeal to this
group.

Suggestion for tag line:

XTM: Star chart for the infoverse

Second to the comments opposing stylesheet language. No to all the
suggestions that contain "meaning," "meaningful," etc., see Ogden and
Richards "The meaning of meaning" for an introduction to the complexity of
the word "meaning."

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Thanks to our XTM buddies at
Ontopia for posting the Topic Map Navigator! I will download it when I
return home and see if I can construct a small set of biblical materials
to generate some interest among biblical studies types.

Patrick

Patrick Durusau
Director of Reseach and Development
Society of Biblical Literature