Subject: [xtm-wg] ANNOUNCE: update of XTM repository (new proc model draft; final 1.0 DTD)

Just a short note:

I've just updated the XTM repository home page with some new links to
Mondeca's white papers, plus a "final" 1.0 DTD (well, not final until
next week, but no further changes expected, so it's still marked as
such), plus along with the XTM 1.0 Specification we hope to also deliver
a Draft Specification of the XTM 1.0 Processing Model. Steve has done an
amazing job putting this together, and is tonight still honing it. The
online version does not reflect the most recent text he has, as we
haven't been able to pry it from his hands.

All in all, we're getting very close. Sam is working tonight on making
a serious pass over the entire document. I'll be working on the PSI
sections, and trying to finalize the XTM Published Topic Maps that will
be delivered with the spec.

  http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/home.html
  http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/1.0/
  http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/1.0/xtm1-pm.html

which will be:

  http://www.topicmaps.org/
  http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/home.html
  http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/
  http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/xtm1-pm.html

we also need a team of thirty lawyers to see what kind of damage I
might have done with

  http://www.topicmaps.org/copyright.html

Until we get an alternative (or somebody shows me where it's wrong),
we need something there. Note that I'm claiming (for TopicMaps.Org)
trademarks on XTM, XTMQL, etc. We need to do this, and probably
find out if anybody else has already got something by these names in
this industry. But I only play a lawyer on the web.

This has been a major effort and one I think we can all be proud. But
it ain't over until the [insert your fat lady joke here]. We expect
to be working up until the deadline.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey     <mailto:altheim&#64;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

eLerts