Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Simplification and clarification of XTM - Editors please read...

Graham,

I think your are missing the distinction between "is subject" and
"describes subject". A resource can only be a subject if is
unambiguously addressable. Any other resources can not be reliably
resolved, so it can not functions as the sole method of
identity. Therefore, it can only say something about the topics,
"describes subject". The set of subject descriptions for a topic
represent its subject. But, as you can see, there is an important
distinction between addressable and non-addressable. This is shown in
the Conceptual Model.

Also, I don't think that resources are topics. Resources are reified
by being the subject of a topic. This topic is a proxy to the resource
in topic map space, but the resource itself does not become a
topic. That is my understanding. I would like for somebody to check
me.

Best regards,

--
Luis J. Martinez