Subject: [xtm-wg] question about topic merging

Hi,

I only recently started reading the messages in this group, so if my question was already answered somwhere else, please indulge me. I read all the material i could about Topic Maps and XTM, but with some aspects i still fail to see the big picture (probably because i haven't seen a complete example of XTM/XML code and resulting processed graph). I'm still confused regarding the merging of topics.

What is the real purpuse of this mechanism ?
Is it intentended to let individual users construct their own maps on top of basic topics and then merge them to get an overview map ? If not, would this be feasible and allowable with all the details that can be found in the spec ?

PS : I saw in a previous message that there is an other mailing list on the subject. If it is more appropriate to post these kind of messages on that list, please let me know how to reach it.

Thank you,
Tanguy Coenen

eGroups Sponsor
Corbis - The Place for Pictures Online