Subject: [xtm-wg] Suggestion for leaving e-groups

Following some recurring remarks about the shortcomings of working with
e-groups, showing I'm not the only one to be fed up with it - I will not
list these shortcomings but everybody knows - leads me, after a quick
exchange with Michel, to propose to move the list to a more satisfying
host.
I've no particular affinity/affiliation with any list server, but suggest
http://www.freelists.org/ which seems "correct" from both technical and
philosophical viewpoints (free, no adds, clean web-based archives etc ...).
volunteer to create, manage and moderate if necessary this new list. Other
suggestions are indeed welcome !

Another reason for this proposal is I'd like, further on, to use the
messages URLs in such a "clean" list as occurrences for the Topic Maps
Who's Who Project, so that the archives could be searched by debate,
subject, event, people, projects ... etc ... through Mondeca Topic
Navigator. I remind you this project aims to be a contributive work, every
volunteer person being eventually able to be responsible and manage on line
the topics/associations/occurrences he/she'll be involved in. My guess is
"eventually" means there somewhere in February. I'll keep on collecting
data for this project till end of January through
www.universimmedia.com/topicmaps/form.htm .
After that preliminary phase, we'll hopefully be able to pass to the
full-scale contributive work.

Bernard
Bernard Vatant
bernard@universimmedia.com