Subject: [xtm-wg] Nominations for invited guests

Michel wrote:
>I remind you that a vote is due for inviting David Steinberg.

Sorry not to get back on this earlier. I've been very torn. However,
having discussed the matter with Kal and Ann (as I understand the
rules, we only have one vote between us), I have decided to vote
against both Bernard and David for this meeting.

I am rather concerned about the state of XTM and think the Paris meeting
will be crucial. I believe we still don't have consensus on the basic
specification, and therefore I don't think this is the right time to
bring in new people. We had a moratorium on new members until delivery
of 1.0; in my opinion that still holds.

I voted for Chris Angus because he has already been active (on the
conceptual modelling subgroup) and I think his input will therefore be
required in Paris.

I do not know Bernard and David, and certainly have nothing against
them personally. Based on Jack's and Michel's recommendations I would
be more than happy to vote for them to attend the first meeting *after*
finalizing the 1.0 spec. Hopefully that will be the meeting in Austin,
but we won't know until after Paris.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Technology Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Information Association)