Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Nikita's comments

Steve, thanks for your response
Hope you have time to read mine.

My proposals intend to fix the gap
between conceptual model and syntax.
(same as changing member players from + to *)
1)
Conceptual model requires roleSpec on a assoc.member.
In DTD it is optional.
Problem can be fixed if we say that

if roleSpec is omitted then generic
http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#rolespec
is assumed.

3)
Same thing
http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#addressable
http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#non-addressable
are required in order to justify <instanceOf> content model
(i.e. make a bridge between it and the fact that
it is a shortcut for an association)
My original posting explains why.

In my opinion, if we want conformance between conceptual model
and syntax, these PSI-s are important and should belong to the core.

Thanks,

Nikita.

Nikita Ogievetsky                  Cogitech Inc
XML/XSLT/XLink/TopicMaps Consultant
nogievet@cogx.com   --   (917) 406-8734
http://www.cogx.com     Cogito Ergo XML