Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Nikita's comments

Ah, now I understand.

Actually, this harks back to some comments I made earlier (before the Paris
meetings), when I said I thought there was an item of structure missing from
the syntactic construct. (I won't repeat the point here - it is well
documented in a number of my earlier emails).

For me, rhw member element in the family association we are discussing meant
"the players of the daughter role in this family". For you, it means "Astri,
as player of the role daughter in this family"

I believe the correct way to say what you want to say is to create
separate associations - in one of them, Astri plays the daughter role, and
in the other, Silje plays the daughter role. They are not the same
association. They are individual person-family relationships.

If you need a single association that brings together all the people that
play the role of daughter, you can do that, but you'd better create a
subject identifier, or at least a description occurrence, that makes clear
to readers or other co-authors that this is what is intended, so no-one will
be tempted to treat an association that means "The association between all
the daughters and the family, and Silje is one" as being synonymous with
"The daughter association between Silje and her family".

Does this help, or just further confuse?

Daniel