There are 2 interest lists on topic maps:

1) "topicmapmail", has to do with general interest issues on topic maps.
2) "xtm-wg" has to do with the work of the TopicMaps.Org working group.

Both lists are public, they are open and can be accessed by anyone. The fact
that some internal issues to the xtm group are discussed publicly is good in
the
sense that everybody knows what's going on, but other people may lose
interest because it might seem far from the interests of those of us who are
mainly interested to follow the development and applications of topic maps
in general.

I suggest that we adopt the following policy:

- everything which has to do with the program of work of the xtm working
group,
  the procedural issues, and whatever is relevant to this area should be
  discussed in xtm-wg. There is no need to duplicate the messages to
  topicmapmail.

- everything which has to do with scenarios of use, future developments,
  topic map projects, various initiatives that go beyond the scope of the
xtm-wg,
  should be discussed within topicmapmail.

If we all make such an effort, we might preserve access to information to
anyone who is interested to follow the evolution and the work of the xtm-wg,
and also not bother those of us who want plain information on topic maps
with discussions which are internal to a group.

By doing so, we would maintain a sense of moving forward which
is why these mailing lists are for.

I also have used cross-posting recently, and what I have said also applies
me. [This message is cross-posted...]

Michel
Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM