Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

[bernard]
> I'm working in communication with Pascal to try and leverage
> vocabulary and representation, so as to make some concrete
> propositions to the community - seemingly eager to see something
> coming out of the "professeurs" field concerning the "graph
> challenge".

bernard, thanks. I hope "professeur" was the right word. I didn't have
my dictionary at hand.

[bernard]
> Please Murray, Sam, and others ... let them "professeurs" get a
> little more time to swim in the XTM vocabulary and concepts before
> something consistent is coming out of that.

I understand (to viciously stereoptype) the Cartesian requirement to
have this consistent and correct before distribution. This is also my
heritage as an academic.

However, I appeal to you to at least throw out some suggestions NOW --
there is a nice intellectual ferment going on right now, with more and
more people involved, and I think NOW would be an opportunity to get
people thinking about at least some of your ideas (if you are willing
to expose them when they are short of perfection). That way, when you
have things more consistent, the ground will be prepared for people to
accept them.

[bernard]
> the "academic approach" coming from you implementers and markup guys.

One of the things I am hearing is that the PM should not look like an
implementation. So in fact, a notation that is not an implementation,
but is still easy for implementors to use and understand, would be a
very useful addition.

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EVNB7A/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM