Subject: [xtm-wg] ANN: XTM 1.0 (Feb, 10th, 2001) base Perl package

Hi,

I have packaged some Perl modules into a base package at

    http://people.telecoma.net/rho/cpan/XTM-0.20.tar.gz

Aside from the - rather generic - data structures it also contains
a straightforward XTM parser and a small toy interpreter to play
around with small TMs where you can run sessions like

  xtm> load file:maps/test.xtm
  xtm> assoc a-0000000003
  xtm> topic t-topic1
  xtm> scope http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/language.xtm#de
  xtm> topic t-topic1
  xtm> find baseName regexps /\d/
  xtm> find baseName regexps /topic/ and assocs via .... transitively

The package honors the syntax of the Feb, 10, 2001 version, but no
TNC or other processing constraints as I plan to have here a plug-in
facility to exert greater author/implementor control on the merging
process. The 'mergeMap' has been implemented but is regarded as
deprecated in favour of topic map algebraic expressions.

The packaging of the server part is in the queue. It's a bit more
heavy-weight as it uses Perl threads, processes and SOAP.

rgds,

\rho

Find software faster. Search more than 20,000
software solutions on KnowledgeStorm. Register
now and get started.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/2n6YlB/TM