Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] A modest motion for approval and vote

Comments duely noted and greatly appreciated :-)

Jack

From: Mason, James David (MXM) <mxm@y12.doe.gov>

> Since I'm not a voting member of the AG, I can't vote for Jack's motion
> (though I would if I could).
>
> However, I'd like to suggest that rather than "Emeritus" you say something
> like "Founding". I come from an academic background, and to me "Emeritus"
> has somewhat the sense of "X is retired and over the hill, but we'll give
> him a nice title to recognize that once upon a time he did a useful job."
> Certainly the etymology of the term includes "because of merit", and the
> people in question do indeed still have merit, but I'd hate to think that
> their merit is just for past deeds.
>
> Jim Mason
> (son of a Professor Emeritus)

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.

Find software faster. Search more than 20,000
software solutions on KnowledgeStorm. Register
now and get started.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ee3V2C/RNSCAA/2h4EAA/2n6YlB/TM