Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

Jean--

I ask you to reconsider:

(1) The last thing the XTM community needs is Mondeca going its own
way. How can this help interoperability or the growth of the market for
topic maps?

(2) I issued the challenge to get the debate going! Lars does not agree
with the graph concept -- that is his right -- but to come to consensus
this is the sort of debate we must have.

S.

--- jean delahousse <jean.delahousse@mondeca.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I feel a very low support for building a semantic graph vocabulary
> based on
> graph theory to describe different semantic web specifications and
> try to
> get general processing models that will be useful to navigate, query
> and
> process large XML semantic networks made of XTM, XML document, RDF
> document
> all linked together (as it will happen)
>
> Mondeca will go at its own pace doing this work and when we'll have
> something to share will do. If anyone wants to participate to that
> work we
> will be happy to work together.
>
> I hope you'll attend those two presentations during XML2001 in Berlin
>
> http://www.gca.org/attend/2001_conferences/europe_2001/topicmaps.htm
>
> sincerely
>
> jean

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM