Subject: Re: [topicmapmail] RE: [xtm-wg] please let ISO define the "isness" of topic maps

[eric]
> All I've been saying throughout this discussion is that until ISO
> does fully define the "isness" of XTM, the XTM spec cannot and should
> not go away,  warts and all.  That being said, when 13250 fully
> describes XTM, the XTM spec can move on to whatever afterlife specs
> go to, and I will wish it well on its way.

The XTM spec should not go away. It should, however, remain completely
unchanged and stable (with the possible exception of implementing the
resolution Jack Park put forward on editorial credit).

The cliches (topoi ;-) in my mind for any alternative to complete
stability begin with "opening a can of worms" and end with "the camel's
nose under the tent."

S.

=====
<!-- GO SIXERS!

     "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->