Subject: Re: [topicmapmail] RE: [xtm-wg] please let ISO define the "isness" of topic maps

* Steven R. Newcomb

| [on the subject of "isness"]
|
| What we *can* do is to say what *we* want, though.
| Speaking ONLY for ourselves:
|
| [...]

This looks like the beginnings of a requirements document to me.  Such
a document would be an extremely useful thing to have, so if you (as
editors of the standard) could write up such a document I think it
would have immense value.

There are a lot of issues regarding the purpose of this
isness-specification that need to be be considered and discussed, and
a requirements document seems like a good way to focus that discussion
and document its results.

--Lars M.