Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Fixing language.xtm and country.xtm

* Murray Altheim

| The PSIs for all currently-approved XTM topics are posted as the
| following examples:
|
|   http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#class-instance
|   http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/country.xtm#fr
|   http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/language.xtm#en
|
| I would hope that we would not make a decision to alter this.

I fully agree with this. I can see no reason to change the URIs, and
all updates should IMHO be backwards-compatible.

| Lars Marius can go ahead and spend time duplicating this effort,

If you would only publish your results now he wouldn't have to. He
could instead either just applaud them or point out what he feels
should be done differently.

Since you won't publish your results there is little he can do but
duplicate your work, in order to make sure that come Montreal there
will be a proposal he, and those who bother looking at his
duplication, can stand by.

| Come Montreal we'll have to decide between two competitive topic
| maps, which seems pretty pointless.

Agreed.

| I plan to be posting as many as three sets of topic maps prior to
| Montreal (depending on how much I can get done): Datatypes, I18n
| (the updates to language and country), and a fundamental logical
| relations TM.

I would applaud this and be willing to provide my feedback on all of
these.

| I'm willing to post non-core work and work on it publicly, but I'd
| much prefer there be actually people paying attention.

Well, I am. Patrick seems to be.

--Lars M.