Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] ANNOUNCE: SemanText 0.72 released

Eric:

i sent you a note about a bug I logged at sourceforge just now, but my
email is botched so I don't know if it made it out to you, if you've not
gotten a note describing my question, please let me know.

Great piece of software from what I can see . .. hence my q's!

jr

Eric Freese wrote:

> The 0.72 release of SemanText has just been posted at www.semantext.com.
> Among the new features are:
>
> * Context-based harvesting - This allows topics and associations to be
> automatically constructed from XML documents by identifying specific
> information to be harvested.
>
> * Full topic map maintenance capability - Topics, associations, occurrences,
> and facets can be added, modified and deleted via the SemanText interface.
>
> * Choice of look-and-feel - A classic web browser style of interface or a
> push-button style of interface.
>
> * Choice of view - Users can select whether to look at the information from
> a topic map point of view (only the information contained in the topic map)
> or a knowledge base point of view (information based on interpretting the
> topic map or generated by the inference rules).</li>
>
> * XTM export - Topic maps can be exported in accordance with the new XTM
> specification.
>
> About SemanText
>
> SemanText is a prototype application developed, using Python, to demonstrate
> how the topic map standard (ISO/IEC 13250:2000) and XML Topic Maps (XTM) can
> be used to represent the knowledge contained within documents by building
> semantic networks. Semantic networks are a building block for artificial
> intelligence applications such as inference engines and expert systems.
>
> <!-- ****************************************************************
> Eric Freese                                    Email: eric@isogen.com
> Senior Consultant                              Voice:    651 636 9180
> ISOGEN International/DataChannel               Fax:      651 636 9191
> 1611 West County Road B - Suite 204            WWW:    www.isogen.com
> St. Paul, MN 55113                                www.datachannel.com

John Robert Gardner			|
Deconstruction Architect		| To live is
Technology Office, IT			| The rarest thing
Sun Microsystems Inc., UBUR02-306	| In the world:
1 Network Drive				|
Burlington, MA  01803-0903		| Most people exist
Ph. 781-442-0692 Fax: #2-1539		| That is all
e-mail  john.robert.gardner@sun.com	|