Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Topic map structuring and preparing

Anil Kumar wrote:

> I have got a large chunk of data in variety of formats
> and has got many topics in each file/documents. How
> can I attach those files as a developer while
> preparing a topicmap . For example in Ontopia
> Navigator  a topicmap is prepared for a Italian Opera
> and it is being prepared professionally with all the
> subtypes,supertypes, reference etc . How could the
> developer be able to link all those into associations,
> scope etc to make it so useful.

By being a subject expert and either by writing the XTM code
or using a TM editor like empolis k42 Web Author (see
k42.empolis.co.uk/ for free download).

> I need to know whether
> a person who is an Italian Opera expert has been used
> in doing that and also u have gone through all those
> documents and found everything for structuring.

Right. Sounds like a lot of work but that's it.

Alternative is that all your resources are already
somehow indexed in an electronic form. In such a case the creation
of the TM could be done (semi-) automatical - like a conversion
from RTF to XML.

>   I expect a full description if possible .

Visit Steve Pepper's tutorial, entitled "Modelling
Topic Maps" at the Extreme Markup conference in
Montréal next month. For more details, see
http://www.extrememarkup.net/extreme/2001/monday.htm#pepper.

He will give a "full description" how to model a TM.

Cheers,
--Holger

--
Dr. H. Holger Rath <holger.rath@empolis.com>