Subject: [xtm-wg] RE: an introduction to the BCNGroup beadgames

I must do a mediation after reading John Sowa's paper:

http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/semnetw.htm

There is no question that professor Sowa is perhaps the leading scholar on
cognitive graphs and knowledge representation.

Dick Ballard and I have had the type of discussion that leads to
understanding something that is unexpected.

So I expect that a dialog between Sowa and Ballard will be constructive.
There are three forums involved.  The beadgame@yahoogroups.com is closed to
the public, since the Einstein Institute (U Conn) and the BCNGroup is
working on an experimental "bead game" technology.  Invitations to the
beadgame forum can be requested from beadmaster@ontologystream.com

The other two forums are the XTM forum xtm-wgt and the Communities of
Practice forum.  Both are totally open to public joining and participation.

The discussion will be of interest to xtm-wgt.

The community of practice community is not so deeply involved in the as yet
not yet fully developed knowledge representation theory and applications.
However, perhaps this distinguished forum might observe and make comments
about the issues that are raised in Sowa's paper and in the anticipated
Murray, Bob Shaw, and others).

Everyone, please be aware that these are the best minds in the world in
knowledge representation and that the issues are not yet resolved.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/2U_rlB/TM