Subject: [xtm-wg] TopicMaps.org mail lists

If all is working right, you should get this message twice.  Please advise
if you don't.

In preparation for our move to OASIS, new mailing lists have been set up.
Starting August 1, I would like to deprecate the use of the XTM-WG list and
have everyone start moving to the OASIS lists mentioned below.  My plan is
to deactivate the Yahoo list after the Montreal meeting.  At that point we
will migrate the archives over to OASIS.  Please do not post to both lists
as this will cause duplicate messages to be received.

The first is topicmaps-comment@lists.oasis-open.org.  It is the public
discussion list which directly replaces xtm-wg@yahoogroups.com.  Anyone can
subscribe, but only subscribers can post to keep out the spam. Anyone who is
a member of the xtm-wg yahoo group has already been added to this list and
you should get mail in the same fashion (individual or digest) that you
selected on yahoo.

The second is topicmaps@lists.oasis-open.org. It is the OASIS members-only
discussion list and will not go into active use until AFTER the Montreal
meeting.  New mailing lists will be set up once technical committees have
been formed.  Any OASIS member may subscribe any of these lists. Only
subscribers may post to keep out the spam. Any person on the xtm-wg list who
is from an OASIS member organization has already been added to this list.

To subscribe to either of these lists the user should send a message to
topicmaps-request@lists.oasis-open.org (or
topicmaps-comment-request@lists.oasis-open.org) with the word "subscribe" as
the body of the message.

Both lists will be archived and the archives are publicly visible for
openness; go to http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ to view the archives.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Eric Freese                                    Email: eric@isogen.com
Senior Consultant                              Voice:    651 636 9180
ISOGEN International/DataChannel               Fax:      651 636 9191
1611 West County Road B - Suite 204            WWW:    www.isogen.com
St. Paul, MN 55113                                www.datachannel.com

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!