Subject: [topicmaps-comment] Introduction

Hi everybody,

my name is Stefan Smolnik. Like Benedicte and Martin I'm a PhD student as well as a research assistant. I'm a member of the workgroup "Business Computing 2 - Information Management & Office Systems", which belongs to the faculty of "Business Administration, Business Computing & Economics" at the University of Paderborn, Germany. Unlike the other two I'm not in the finishing/writing phase but in the research and implementation phase.

My research deals with the conception and development of a knowledge management system to identify distributed knowledge structures in processoriented groupware environments. Therefore, we introduce a conceptual framework, an architecture, and an implementation approach to create knowledge structures by generating topic maps in groupwarebased organizational memories. For detailed information please refer to our project homepage at http://gtm.upb.de.

So far, I have published some papers and I have visited some conferences. E.g. I presented first results at the Knowledge Technologies 2001 in Austin and I'm going to present another paper at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-35) next year.

Best regards,

Stefan
Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Smolnik       Notes Mail:
Wirtschaftsinformatik 2 - FB 5     Stefan Smolnik@WIUNIPB@LOTUSINT
GCC - Groupware Competence Center  Internet Mail:
Prof. Dr. Ludwig Nastansky         Stefan.Smolnik@NOTES.UPB.DE
University of Paderborn            Tel.+49-5251-60-3375 (or -3368)

Warburger Straße 100 - E5.130      Fax:+49-5251-60-3399
D-33098 Paderborn, Germany         WWW: http://gcc.upb.de