Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] uml and topic maps

At 12:46 03/10/2001 +0200, M. Klesse wrote:

>An interesting approach for modelling topic maps is
>the use of Protege (Stanford University). Kal Ahmed
>has made a plugin for it but I don't know its current
>state.

TMTab[1] is currently 'experimental'. It seems to work quite nicely for
hand-created topic maps. It allows the creation of a Protege project using
a small set of base classes which may then be exported as an XTM 1.0
serialization. The model allows the use of various short-cuts including
direct representation of binary associations as class slots. The current
version, however, does not support the import of an XTM file into an
existing Protege project or the creation of a project from an XTM
file...watch this space.

Cheers,

Kal

[1] http://www.techquila.com/tmtab/index.html for info, documentation and