Subject: Re: [topicmapmail] Re: [topicmaps-comment] RE: [sc34wg3] Re: PMTM4 andXTM Layer 1.0

Steve

> In fairness, I should mention that Martin Bryan has
> been saying something very similar to this for many
> years.  If I now understand you, I think you were right
> all along, Martin.

I've always consider the definition of the topic to be more important than
its name because it is this that allows you to determine whether or not
something can validly be associated with it.

Your example of Joe suffering from memory loss/dementia is not fair. None of
us can remember exactly what we were thinking at the time we created 13250.
We only remember what we think we were thinking at the time. Only by
referencing what we actually said can be be sure what was agreed, even if
what we actually said does not make sense in the changed circumstances of
todays world. :-)

Martin