Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Public Identifier(s) for XTM

Jan Algermissen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A little question:
>
> The public identifier for XTM in core.xtm is
>
> -//TopicMaps.Org//DTD XML Topic Map (XTM) 1.0//EN
>
> in language.xtm and country.xtm it is
>
> -//TopicMaps.Org//DTD XML Topic Map (XTM) V1.0//EN
>                                           ^
>
> Can anyone help and tell me if they are equal
> or if this is an error ?

This is a known bug in the DOCTYPE declarations of the language and
country topic maps. It came down to a style issue, really, and in
those rushed last days before we published the first draft last
December a number of these types of things squeaked through -- we
had a lot bigger fish to fry. The Published Subject TC at OASIS will
be doing some foundational work on establishing how to publish topic
maps of this sort; following on from this work I believe we'll see
updates to the language and country topic maps, which will address
all known bugs.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey  <mailto:murray.altheim&#64;sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     i am going to see if i cannot reform insects in general
     i have constituted myself a missionary extraordinary
     and minister plenipotentiary and entomological to bring
     idealism to the little struggling brothers -- archy (1927)