Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Challenge Part 2 : Metadata

* Bernard Vatant

| What shall we do with metadata on assertions, and singularly
| metadata indicating quality and source of information?

They sound like themes to me.

| "*According to Survey AAA*, it's *possible* that, by the end of
| 2001, France Telecom will control more than 30% of the Swedish
| phone market"
|
| The *source* (Survey AAA) and *quality* (possible) of information
| are in fact encoded as Metadata in the original document.

I would make those themes in the scope of the association, and use
their classes to find out what they are doing in that scope. So
*possible* would be of type probability, or perhaps qualification,
while survey AAA would be of type authority.

| How do you deal with those metadata in XTM, so that, when rendering
| the information by processing the TM, they appear to the end-user
| for what they are : metadata on an assertion, and not members in the
| association representing the assertion?

By putting them in the scope.

--Lars M.