Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] skills to create topic maps

Title: RE: [topicmaps-comment] skills to create topic maps

Glenda,

I think the linguistic/conceptual side is the most important aspect. Even in the field of topic maps the old wisdom is valid: garbage in - garbage out.

Linguists should not be bothered with XML Schema and Syntax. We are developing an engine (KnowledgeTaxi) that will make it quite comfortable. Most of the user communities have some thesaurus or classification to start with. KnowledgeTaxi will help you to extend this existing value and to set up associations etc.

We are planning to have a first release end of Q1 in 2002. We will publish a White Paper in December.

Could you give me some more details about your project? We are very interested in real-life use-cases and community requirements.

Best regards

Thomas Bandholtz
XML Competence Center
SchlumbergerSema