Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Questions about the status of TMs

Hi,

Christian Wohlgensinger wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Is it possible to get any update about the status of TopicMap related work
> within OASIS and ISO?

Yes.

> Are there any planed activities?

SC34 WG3 will meet Dec 08+09+13. Meeting minutes should be available at
the SC34 web site afterwards.

OASIS TopicMaps.Org Member Setion will meet Dec. 15. OASIS Published Subjects
TC will meet Dec 14.

> Will XTM (or a changed version of it) become an official ISO standard?

The XTM DTD is already (formally) part of ISO/IEC 13250. Formally means
that it is approved but not published yet.

> How
> are the efforts, mentioned in ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC34 N240  concerning an
> official processing model moving forward? Is there a timeline?

This will be *the* issue at our meeting next weekend.

> How about the ISO/OASIS liaison?

It is not apporved yet, but very likely to be established soon.

> Will there be other TCs than the TC Published Subjects within OASIS?

Yes. Will be discussed on Dec 15. e.g. a TCs for Conformance.

> I`m convinced, that those information are of interest to any party investing
> in Topic Maps.

Me too. That's why I replied as member of all three committees mentioned
above.

Regards,
--Holger

--