Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] RDF and RSS patented by Canadian company?

* H. Holger Rath

| Do we (= the TM community) have to fear a similar attack against
| the Topic Map paradigm and its implementors?

I think it's quite obvious that we do. I would expect there to be
patents out there that cover at least parts of topic maps. Whether
they are sane or enforceable (or in the hands of "bad guys") is
another matter, but the possibility of an attack is absolutely there.

There is also the danger that some topic map company might be tempted
to patent specific approaches or implementation techniques to topic
maps...

--Lars M.