Subject: [topicmaps-comment] Requirements for using LTM

At 09:31 19/12/01 +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>* Scott Tsao
>| 3) What are the "sufficiently" technical prerequisites for the
>| author?
>
>Well, basically they need to understand the basic concepts of topic
>maps, and be sufficiently technical that they don't balk at the idea
>of authoring topic maps in textual form. I would say that anyone who
>can write HTML pages in a text editor can use LTM.

Using a text editor that supports regular expressions makes the job even
easier. There's no end to the kind of magic you can do using database or
spread sheet dumps and the Linear Topic Map notation! It really can be very
effective.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)