Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] TAO vs. ERA

Bernard and Lars,

Would this type of argument, which I agree with completely, lead one to say
that a knowledge structure suitable for conveying full knowledge about a
situation, has to be situational in nature.  For me this means that a "late
binding" of things like scope and role, and in some cases even association
and occurrence; is absolutely necessary.

Late binding of this type seems to require that we develop the substance of
the stuff that topics maps are composed of and the forms that this composure
often occurs into.  We might also need a non-trivial formative process that
brings together the substance into a form in a just in time and situated
fashion.

I have some comments on this at:

http://www.ontologystream.com/aSLIP/files/functionalLoad.htm

and would be appreciative of some comments from the XTM community.

Paul Prueitt