Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] TAO vs. ERA

Lars Marius

> If you're displaying a list of topics you should display all of them,
> even if they have no name in the current scope, or even a name at all.
> It's much better for the user to see that there's *something* there
> than to hide the fact that there are more choices ...

That may sound a silly question, but how do you display a topic with no name to the TM
user?
Like an icon or something like that? Will look weird to most people: there is something
there, but from where I am, I can't even name it ... It makes sense for someone knowing
what topic maps are about and that a topic sort of exists under/beyond its characteristics
... but remember the user is not necessarily aware of that, and even not aware of using a
topic map at all, if the technology is "under the hood".

Could you expand on your vision of that?

Bernard