Subject: [topicmaps-comment] formative Knowledge Mapping

<header> cross post to melnet for some assistance on branding philosophy...
please join eventChemistry if you might help us out.

cross posting to humanmarkup and intercultural insights to see if anyone is
interested in using the visualAbstraction work for research.

cross posting also the topic maps comment to keep this group informed of
work on formative ontology. </header>

*****

Van sent in the URL

Knowledge Mapping Demo

http://www.wdv.com/CellWorld

and this leads to some reflection on my part.

The issue is regarding the use of eventChemistry (eC) and visualAbstraction
(vA) by researchers in biotechnology, basic sciences and linguistics.  The
group needs to decide what to do here.

Well we have an international organization that governs the use of the
branding terms like eC and vA and provides both software and professional
services?

The Charter of the BCNGroup

http://www.bcngroup.org

controls the spirit of how this might be set up.  We desire this to be
not-for profit and yet supportive of individuals using new innovations as a
means to earn a living.

However, the group needs both legal work and branding work.

Any suggestions?

****

First please read the beginning of the advanced tutorial:

http://www.ontologystream.com/SLIP/tutorials/InternetTrunk.htm

and remember to make only semi formal or formal communications into the
eventChemistry e-forum.

***

This paper has an advanced tutorial and a proposal for future work.  We show
the concept of visualAbstraction (vA) in order to suggest how vA might be
used to protect the backbone of the Internet, the routers, gateways, and
switches.  The so-called “last mile” is where millions of LANS, database
systems, and private home operating systems are located.  The last-mile is
where most of the value of the Internet has been to now.  But these
“end-nodes” are largely private, not public, responsibility.

Public responsibility is not the same as private responsibility.  It is our
intention to help delineate the public responsibly for securing the Internet
backbone and assisting in the evolution of a tamed Internet.  This
delineation will contribute to the definition of private responsibilities
that occur as individual and companies put end nodes, and computational
power, into the new Internet.

Some additional development work is required on the visualization and
navigation algorithms, as well as the knowledge management system.  This
additional work contributes to the completion of:

·	Linux Behavioral Knowledge Base.

·	National Cyber Defense Knowledge Base.

·	Commercial Vader (Visual Abstraction Database for Emergancy Response)

We seek private foundation support related to our work on the Nation CDKB.

OSI is giving away the SLIP browsers to the researcher community in order to
make the concept of vA well known.

OSI’s work is basic research that appears to have produced a horizontal
technology with applicability to a large number of verticals.  Only one of
these verticals is the Nation CDKB and commercial Vader market.

OSI’s partner for cyber security deployments is CyberSecurity Inc.  OSI and
CSI are proposing an at-cost provision of visualAbstraction technology at
part of our contribution to Homeland Defense.  CSI will provide a scaled
down commercial off the shelf product, and will be the only source of OSI
supported visualAbstraction technology for Cyber Security.

A four other verticals are being negotiated.  These are BCNGroup BeadGame
Communities, TraceBehavior, IPEvaluation, and B2B.  TraceBehavior ™ is a
study of financial information database transactions.  IPEvaluation ™ is a
study of functional load between patent and other IP property descriptions.
BCNGroup BeadGame Communities ™ is a process model for transforming e-forum,
e-mail and chat systems into a knowledge management system based on full
text analysis of the linguistic functional load of word occurrences in
sentences and paragraphs.

The largest vertical is B2B and B2C.  OSI expects to announce a
venture-funded partnership between OSI and a third party.  This partnership
will focus our branding efforts in B2B and provide a standardization of
eventChemistry and visualAbstraction web services.

***