Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] referring to a topic from outside a TM (was:multilingual thesaurus - language, scope ,and topic naming constraint)

* Thomas Bandholtz

| Try this with http://psi.ontopia.net/ontopia/ontopia.xtm#topicmap in
| IE 6.0. You will see the top (!) of Steve Pepper's XTM-document,
| while the topic with id="topicmap" resides two scrolls below. Is
| this a bug or a feature?

Depends what you are after. If you can explain why you want to resolve
the URI we can start to unravel the implications of what happened. But
the crucial issue is really: what were you trying to achieve when you
resolved that URI?

BTW, the last URI you came up with is different from the first two. It
points to a different resource, and passes a parameter to it. What the
parameter means (and so also what the entire URI means) is up to the
application. So for you to expect to get a topic map from this URI is
entirely unreasonable. You have no reason to expect such a thing.