Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] mapping topic maps on a relation database

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * Murray Altheim
> |
> | That's exactly what my upcoming software application Ceryle does.
> | My first release won't actually hook the topic map engine used to
> | display a topic map in touchgraph, but it does store the topic maps
> | in the database with the idea that a "node demander" will pull them
> | from it as needed. This is to allow really enormous topic maps (and
> | merges of same) to be processed via database rather than held in
> | memory.
>
> This sounds very interesting. What API do you intend for Ceryle to
> provide? An XPath-based one, or something like the "standard" TMAPI?

I've worked very little on the TM engine lately, trying to get the
GUI editor and TouchGraph stuff running, plus there's a whole
application framework (messaging, error handling, etc.) that needed
doing. I'd appreciate if someone could point me to TMAPI, as I'm
not sure I know what you're referring to. It's ripe for an API, and
I'd started working on one waaaay back when, but the "API" right
now is custom.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu