Subject: [topicmaps-comment] Re: [sc34wg3] Scope - SAM (as in TM model) -Inferencing

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 08:35, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Can someone articulate a reason why the SAM should provide a rule for an
> application level behavior, such as inferencing?

My feeling is that the SAM should only concern itself with those rules for
scope that are required to make the SAM internally consistent and to allow
the application of rules such as name-based merging and duplicate
identification. As far as I can see, there is a need to express a rule for
equivalence of scope sets and that is it. Perhaps when the minutes of the
meeting are available I may change that position ;-). Keep the SAM minimal
and let higher-level profiles to worry about additional behaviours such as
inferencing.

Cheers,

Kal
--