Subject: [topicmaps-comment] Immortal Omnigator - request for features

At 10:35 29/08/02 -0500, Suellen Stringer-Hye wrote:
>And by the way many, many thanks to
>Ontopia for making the Omnigator available. It's great!

Thanks for the kudo, Suellen. We've been getting a lot of positive
feedback on the Omnigator over the last few months - one of my
favourites was the person who called it "a spectacularly clever
application."

For those of you that don't know it, the Omnigator is Ontopia's free
Topic Map browser. It can be downloaded from

    http://www.ontopia.net/download/freedownload.html

An online demo is also available at

    http://www.ontopia.net/omnigator

Up to now, the Omnigator has come with a 90-day expiry date. The reason
for this was that it was being continually improved and we wanted to
ensure that people regularly got the "latest and greatest" version. The
fact that it expired didn't mean you had to stop using it, just that you
had to go and download a later version.

Over the last year or so the Omnigator has been downloaded by literally
thousands of people. It has also matured into a very stable product with
a wealth of features, so we think the time has come to release a version
that doesn't expire ... an "Immortal Omnigator".

We plan to do that this autumn. In the meantime, we are gathering
requests for enhancements and new features.

So if you have any thoughts on how we could make the Omnigator even more
useful, write to <omnigator@ontopia.net> and share them with us!

Thanks.

Steve

P.S. Please excuse this one-time cross-posting. If you want to reply to
this message in public, please choose just one mailing list.

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)