Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] resourceData toher than #PCDATA ?

In message <1423.212.144.13.87.1066170330.squirrel@ivs.tu-berlin.de>,
Stefan Lischke <lischke@ivs.tu-berlin.de> writes

>Is the only way of working with other tags like XHTML, to "include" them
>by referencing like:
>
><resourceRef xlink:href="xmldb://localhost:8080/db/data.xml"/>

As I understand it, yes you do have to switch to a resourceRef strategy
if you want something other than a text string (and you don't want to
engage in tag abuse ...).

Conversely, you can look on the bright side.  If you switch to using an
external XML resource for your descriptions, you have the opportunity to
include a richly-structured description, possibly conforming to some
suitable XML standard application.

Richard Light
--
Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy