Subject: Occurrences of associations?

Hi,

Thinking about the application of XTM to museum database information, it
occurs to me that you can extract assertions such as "John Brown was
born in Birmingham on 3 May 1852" or "this object was excavated from NGR
0045 8542 by John Brown on 25 July 1885".  I would expect to model these
assertions in my XTM as Associations.  (The Topics would be "John
Brown", "Birmingham", etc.)

However, the lack of "Occurrence*" within the Association content model
means that I have no means of linking to the source which provides the
basis for this assertion.

What is the prevailing wisdom on this situation?  Should I be modelling
my information differently?

Richard Light
--
Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy