Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] Occurrences of associations?

Hi Richard and Roger,

This list is not much used any more. You may find TOPICMAPMAIL at
InfoLoom more active.

* Richard Light

> Thanks, Roger.  How then do you link your Association to the Topic
> that "represents" it?  My thoughts immediately went to
> "instanceOf", but of course that is also a property of a Topic, not
> an Association.

This is reification, and in XTM 1.0 you do it as follows:

   <association id="myassoc">
   </association>

   <topic id="assoctopic">
     <subjectIdentity>
       <subjectIndicatorRef xlink:href="#myassoc"/>

Omnigator supports this, so you can use Omnigator to verify that this
works correctly. tolog also supports reification.

--
Lars Marius Garshol, Ontopian               http://www.ontopia.net
+47 98 21 55 50                             http://www.garshol.priv.no