tosca-comment message

Subject: question about TOSCA Policy template

Hi,

lately I am working on a project which requires to build up a policy engine based on TOSCA Policy template.
I checked the current TOSCA specification for the policy part and found that there is no details about how the policy template will be used or parsed.

As we know one policy can be defined as <condition, action> tuple, since my policy engine takes the policy definition as the input, which is in the form of TOSCA xml, thus I need to understand in the current policy template which part is the "condition" and which part is the "action"?

currently I understand the <Properties> in the policy template can be used to define action, and the policy type specific content in the policy template can be used to define condition;
also I understand the policyLanguage in the policy type is used to decode the condition.

Please correct me if I am wrong. and what's the <PropertyConstraints> in the policy type is exactly used for? there is no example in the paper for this element.
Thank you!

35      <Policies>
36        <Policy name="xs:string"? policyType="xs:QName"
37                policyRef="xs:QName"?>
38          policy specific content ?
39        </Policy> +
40      </Policies> ?

01  <PolicyType name="xs:NCName"
02              policyLanguage="xs:anyURI"?
03              abstract="yes|no"?
04              final="yes|no"?
05              targetNamespace="xs:anyURI"?>
06    <Tags>
07      <Tag name="xs:string" value="xs:string"/> +
08    </Tags> ?
09
10    <DerivedFrom typeRef="xs:QName"/> ?
11
12    <PropertiesDefinition element="xs:QName"? type="xs:QName"?/> ?
13
14    <AppliesTo>
15      <NodeTypeReference typeRef="xs:QName"/> +
16    </AppliesTo> ?
17
18    policy type specific content ?
19
20  </PolicyType>

01  <PolicyTemplate id="xs:ID" name="xs:string"? type="xs:QName">
02
03    <Properties>
04      XML fragment
05    </Properties> ?
06
07    <PropertyConstraints>
08      <PropertyConstraint property="xs:string"
09                          constraintType="xs:anyURI"> +
10        constraint ?
11      </PropertyConstraint>
12    </PropertyConstraints> ?
13